Thursday, January 10, 2013

BOOK REVIEW {Jenny Pox by J.L. Bryan}

Title: Jenny Pox (The Paranormals #1)
Author: J.L. Bryan
Publication Date: July 22, 2010
Genre: Paranormal, Fiction
Source: purchased e-copy from Kobo

Eighteen-year-old Jenny Morton has a horrific secret: her touch spreads a deadly supernatural plague, the "Jenny pox." She lives by a single rule: Never touch anyone. A lifetime of avoiding any physical contact with others has made her isolated and painfully lonely in her small rural town. Then she meets the one boy she can touch. Jenny feels herself falling for Seth...but if she's going to be with him, Jenny must learn to use the deadly pox inside her to confront his ruthless and manipulative girlfriend Ashleigh, who secretly wields the most dangerous power of all.

GoodReads - Barnes & Noble - Amazon


This book is about a girl named Jenny. She was born with a supernatural power that she can't control. Through her skin, she infects anything she touches with disease. Blisters, boils, puss... it's not pretty. The longer the touch, the deadlier. The story follows her through senior year at Fallen Oak High. She is an outcast, covering her body as much as possible, even wearing gloves. This makes her the target for lots of jokes and bullying. 

Of course there's the bad girl. That cheerleader, rules the school, everyone follows her around like a puppy dog type. And then there's a jock. The not as bad as everyone thinks he is type. This book takes many twists and turns. Just when you think you have it figured out, you don't. Jenny Pox grabbed my attention from the beginning and it didn't let go.

I'm not sure how much more to say without giving anything away. I also don't really know how to classify this into a genre. I've seen it listed as YA & Adult. Obviously it's paranormal, fiction, etc. But there are a few scenes (one in particular) that lead me from a YA book. I don't think I would recommend this to anyone under 17 at least. 

To me, this book had it all. The supernatural, romance, death & gore. My kind of book! I've seen that there are more books in this series and I can't wait to get my hands on them. If you are into horror books, then you will probably enjoy Jenny Pox. Even tho I wouldn't consider this horror, I'm thinking more along the blood & gore parts. 

Excellent book, Excellent story. I was very pleased with Jenny Pox.

NOTE: This book is FREE for your Kindle, Nook & Kobo!! Plus, as a little "extra", here is a picture that I instagrammed while I was reading. It gives you a little taste of the good goriness. 







1 comments:

  1. Just downloaded this! Looks good, plus how can you go wrong with free.

    ReplyDelete

Recent Instagrams