Saturday, March 29, 2014

Infinity by Sedona Venez

Title: Infinity (Valkyries: Soaring Raven #1)
Author: Sedona Venez
Publication Date: January 15, 2013
Source: Via the author in exchange for review.

The first moment I saw Boulder... his helmet-covered head snapped in my direction and stared. 

My eyes greedily took in the hardness of his thighs encased in dark jeans, his kick ass motorcycle boots, and leather jacket. I licked my bottom lip, stifling the crazy urge to leap out of the car and climb him like a tree while burying my nose into the crook of his neck like a possessed woman.

I needed to see his face, and as if answering my request, he pulled off his helmet impatiently, and literally, something clicked in my head as his warm apple-green eyes locked onto me and he muttered, "All mine." 

Well, that's what I imagined he was saying as his lips moved silently. He could have been whispering, "Stalker girl," but hey, I was willing to stalk him into submission.



Infinity is a rock star. Everyone loves her but someone hates her. She discovers supernatural secrets about her past and her future. She has fantastic friends. She has hot bodyguards who both draw her attention. Infinity seems to have everything she could want. But things quickly turn sour.  

Infinity has the story line to make for a great story. I'm just not sure that's what was achieved here. I don't read many books that's I don't care for. I just really love books! I think they are all great in their own way. But Infinity just felt, lacking. I feel like there was to much chitter chatter. Lots of useless, meaningless conversations. For example, Infinity and her 2 best friends had a chapter long conversation in the back of a limo about the party they were fixing to attend. 13 year old girl gossip at it's best. 

Once the threats on Infinity's life begin, a security team is hired to protect her. A werewolf security team. Which brings in Boulder & Torch. They march right into Infinity's world and take over. Boulder declares is undying love for her after about 10 minutes together. Torch treats her like an ugly stepsister but yet gives off sexual vibes towards her at the same time. It's all very confusing.

This is a new adult novel, so there is "adult" things happening. One of those is cussing. I have nothing against a good f-bomb drop where it's fitting but I felt that Infinity had an overabundance of them. As if were dropping bombs just to be dropping them. And for all this sex talk, we find out that Infinity is a virgin. She's scared to take that next step. And to be honest, after finishing Infinity, I'm not even sure who her love interest is intended to be. Boulder? Torch? The vampire guy who I can't even remember his name? Her "brother"? It's just to much.

I love the concept of this story, just not the execution. Would I recommend Infinity to you? It wouldn't be high on my list, but I would never tell someone to not read a book. Try Infinity for yourself. You may love it! You never know until you try!


Review copy from the author via Xpresso Book Tours!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Instagrams